November 23, 2013

Deconstructed Roses

Essie Devil's Advocate with China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and That's Shore Bright, Wet 'N Wild I Need A Refresh-mint
 This design was inspired by a post at Paulina's Passions, one of my favorite blogs to follow. I was so intrigued by the kind of abstract rose that just seemed to form on the nail. I also wanted to practice painting my nails a dark color. Normally, I stay away from dark base colors because I always seem to mess up and stain my cuticles and it's an absolute nightmare. But practice makes perfect! And this was a relatively painless experience!
And it definitely helped that this is probably the best very dark plum/not quite black color ever! Devil's Advocate is so rich, and much warmer than plain black polish. It can pass for black without being so harsh. It was very smooth, and almost a one-coater, but two quick medium coats do the trick!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...