March 24, 2013

A+ for Effort

Love & Beauty Lavender with Revlon Empower and Wet 'N Wild En Voyage

So. Today was a rough day in the nail department. I got real inspired by this tutorial, and decided to attempt my first water marble since 2010. It was so bad, I wish I could have taken pictures, but everything was covered in nail polish-watery goop. I couldn't get the polish to spread for the life of me! I may or may not be traumatized. I'll just have to practice, and try out some tricks to get it to work. 

So after that was all cleaned up, I got to practice my gradients, which I suck at. And lo and behold, they didn't come out horribly! Even though I was going for a smoother gradient (like my pinkie nail), I really like the harsher transitions. It's nice. But cleanup was/is a mess. I still can't get all of the polish off of my cuticles. I'm not even mad, though. After spending hours on my nails, I just decided not to sweat it, and let them be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...