June 12, 2013

Old Faithful(s)

Nails, Inc. Haymarket, Revlon Empower, and China Glaze Tinsel Town
Hi, everyone! I'm back at home in Atlanta for a few days before I head back up to Maine for the summer. I can only bring a few polishes in my carry-on, so I stick with my favorites (the polishes with which I know I can create something without stressing myself out). So I know you've all seen these colors before, but I really wanted to try out this Chalkboard Nails design for Nails by Kayla Shevonne. Even though I couldn't find any tape, I thought I'd just go for it. (I just went back over the lines with Haymarket at the bottom). I really needed to paint my nails because they'd been bare for a little over two weeks! 
I have also been waiting that long to try Out the Door Topcoat. My impression: it definitely dries fast, with great shine, but it's a little thin. Shown are two coats. My nails are still fairly bumpy/gritty (due in no small part to the glitter of Tinsel Town), and I'll likely need another coat or two to smooth things out. I just can't stop thinking of my trusty Seche Vite that smoothed everything over in 1-2 coats...


All in all, this color combo is a favorite of mine, and I'm pleased with what I've done, especially considering that these photos include no cleanup! I ran out of nail polish remover, so I made sure to be careful when painting. It's comforting to know that I can actually paint my nails properly. I've been using that pure acetone as a crutch!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...