May 27, 2013

The Makeup Sponge is a Wonderful Tool




These were so simple, and took me less than 30 minutes (including drying time)! All I needed was a makeup sponge! Here are the colors I used:

L to R: Wet 'N Wild I Need A Refresh-mint, China Glaze Snap My Dragon, Sally Hansen Lightening, Sally Hansen Green with Envy, and Color Club striper in Fine Gold
More after the jump! (Click "Read More" below)



For both hands, I began with a coat of I Need a Refresh-mint.

On my right hand, I painted all the colors (minus the gold) onto one sponge like so:

I then tried to match up the middle of my nail to the middle of the sponge where all the colors meet, and rolled the sponge back and forth until my full nail was covered. I ended up needing two passes of the sponge on each nail. I then blotted individual colors in spotty places (notice the faint red near the tips of my nails) to tie it all together.

As these dried, I tried to think of some sort of nail art to do on top of them, but I couldn't bear to cover them up! 


For my left hand, I dabbed the colors onto the sponge in separate places, so I could control where blobs of each color went. I blotted on Snap My Dragon, Lightening, and I Need a Refresh-mint until I was satisfied with the result. Then, to jazz them up a bit, I added small v-gaps with the gold striper.

I can never take a proper picture of my left hand; it never cooperates with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...